ABOUT OUR WUSHU SCHOOL
Learn Kung Fu, Wushu and Taichi from World Class professional instructors who are dedicated to providing a healthy, family environment, where you can excel in your personal goals with the support of our friendly staff and community. Whether your plan is to compete in world championships, lose weight, meet new like-minded people or improve your everyday life, we will help you get there faster than you ever thought possible all while having fun! The benefits from KungFu, Wushu, and Taichi classes from Taichi Kung-Fu Academy will help you grow, not only in class, but for the rest of your life. Confidence, discipline, self-esteem and peace of mind and body; whether you're enjoying our Kids Kung Fu/Wushu classes or our Taichi Programs, you'll start seeing improvement in mind, body and spirit after only a few short classes. GET STARTED TODAY by clicking the button below!
Our Professional Team:
Our elite instructors will help to promote a safe and inspiring environment to help you and/or your child to reach your goals while learning valuable life skills along the way.
We are dedicated to providing valuable, sustainable, innovative and rewarding Martial Arts programs to empower people of all ages.
We pledge to provide you with a fitness environment that will be supportive, passionate, safe & full of integrity while promoting excellence and health in our community.
MEET OUR STAFF
2018 - International level Wushu Judge Issued by Pan American Wushu Federation
2009 - Chinese Wushu Level 6 Issued by the General Administration of Sport of China
2005 - National Elite Athlete, Issued by the General Administration of Sport of China
Interests: Wushu, Taichi Wellness, Sport Sociology, Sport History, Chinese Sports System, Chinese Professional Athletes, Physical Culture Studies, Gym Culture
PROFESSIONAL PHILOSOPHY & GOALS
To perform advanced research pertaining physical culture and Wushu (Chinese Martial Arts); to promote the art of Chinese Wushu in the global society, so that more people can better understand their values and utilize them to benefit a person’s physical and mental health and wellness as well as harmony relations in life and society.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- 2016-Present Ph.D Student in the Department of Kinesiology, School of Public Health, University of Maryland
- 2011-2014 M.A. Degree Diploma, Department of Kinesiology, College of Applied Sciences and Arts, San Jose State University, U.S.A.
- June, 2009 B.A. Degree Diploma, Department of Wushu, Luoyang Normal University, China
- 2002-2007 Henan Provincial Professional Wushu Team, China
- March 2003 “Pre-Olympic” National Youth Wushu Team Training, China
- 1997-2002 Luoyang City Wushu Team, China
- 1994-1996 Amateur Wushu team in Luoyang City, China
- 2017-Present Teaching Assistant at University of Maryland, MD
- 2015-2016 Lecture at Luoyang Normal University, China
- 2008-2015 Instructor/Coach at Li’s Wushu Academy, CA, U.S.A.
- 2007-2008 Coach at Luoyang City Wushu Team, China
- 2007-2008 Coach at Luoyang Taichi Center, China
- 2007-2008 Wushu Instructor at Luoyang Nineteenth High School, China
- 2013 The 17th Annual Collegiate Wushu Tournament, UC San Diego-
First Place-Long Fist in Advance Female Division
First Place-Broadsword in Advance Female Division
- 2009 The 17th Annual Chinese Martial Arts Tournament (CMAT), UC Berkeley-
Gold Medal-Broad Sword in Female Division Adult Advance
Gold Medal-Staff in Female Division Adult Advance
Gold Medal-Taichi in Female Division Adult Advance
- 2005 National Traditional Wushu Tournament, China-
2nd Place- Ground-Prone Fist in Female Division
- 2004 The 1st World Traditional Martial Arts Festival/Championships in China-
Gold Medal- Ground-Prone Fist in Female Division A
Gold Medal- Double Dagger in Female Division A
- 2004 National Youth Wushu Championships in China-
Gold Medal-Broad Sword in Female Division
2nd Place- Long Fist in Female Division
Yang (Sunny) Zhang
Owner and Head Instructor
2023: Internationally Certified Wushu Judge and Member of the International Wushu Federation (Athletes Committee)
Started Wushu, Kung-Fu, training in 2008. Rising to a professional Wushu level in only 6 years he earned a spot on the 2013-2014 USA Wushu team and has won several international titles in world competitions. In 2015 he became the top US athlete representing the United States at World Competitions and was also selected as one of 10 top world Wushu athletes to travel as sport Ambassadors to the 2014 Summer Junior Olympic Games, promoting and showcasing the sport of Wushu.
Silver Medal 2021 World Wushu Championships
Bronze Medal at the 14th World Wushu Championships
1st in the US (2015-2017)
Head coach at TerpWushu 2010-present
2013 - 2014 USA Wushu team member
1st place broadsword, staff and changquan 7th University Wushu Games and all around champion
1st place broadsword, staff and changquan 2011 and 2012 New Jersey Wushu competition and all around champion
Ranked 4th in the nation for broadsword and staff in 2011
Trained in Beijing China with the competition team